The SSD you trust
The Samsung 860 EVO is specially designed to enhance performance of mainstream PCs and laptops. With the latest V-NAND technology, this fast and reliable SSD comes in a wide range of compatible form factors and capacities.
Speeds are consistent, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer. The 860 EVO performs at sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB.
– Test system configuration: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.3 GHz, 4 GB, OS – Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Chipset: ASUS P8H77-V .
– The TurboWrite buffer size varies based on the capacity of the SSD; 12 GB model, 22 GB for 500 GB model, 42 GB for 1 TB model and 2/4 TB for 78 GB. For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit our official website.
Up to 8x higher TBW (Terabytes Written)* than the 850 EVO. Feel secure storing and rendering large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications.
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC* algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility.
- INNOVATIVE V-NAND TECHNOLOGY: Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology, the 860 EVO SSD offers optimized performance for everyday computing as well as rendering large-sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications
- ENHANCED READ WRITE SPEEDS: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 550MB/s and 520MB/s, respectively
- SECURE ENCRYPTION: Protect data by selecting security options, including AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1671
- WARRANTY AND COMPATIBILITY: 5-year limited warranty; Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Server 2003 (32 bit and 64 bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), MAC OSX and Linux
- INCLUDED CONTENTS: 2.5 inches (7 millimeter) SATA 3 (6 Gb/s) SSD & User Manual (All other cables, screws, brackets not included); Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
Purchased to replace a standard 500gb laptop hard drive in the Lenovo Yoga 2 I received from my Father. After replacing the battery in the system I noticed the drive Yoga 2 had was attached to the standard SATA cable, opening the option to easily upgrade the slow hdd to a ssd. Looking into the compatibility drives I saw a few “nays” and “yeas” concerning the Samsung 860 EVO 500gb in this particular convertible laptop.
Took the chance and ordered. Cloning the drive was simple enough with an external enclosure I had on hand using Samsung’s software. System literally takes 5 seconds to boot fully into Windows 10. If the drive was not going to work in this system I was considering it to replace the boot ssd in my desktop, but happily it went smoothly. Only issue was the Samsung Magician software not detecting the drive as genuine – which was easy to fix by hunting for the latest Samsung Magician software under their support. For some reason Samsung’s product page for this drive links an older Magician software that doesn’t properly detect the drive.